An announcement for all:
Jason's mission papers have officially been sent to Salt Lake City as of last week. We expect the call to come in the mail within a few weeks and Jason is anxious to get gone. We'll keep you updated... family members probably don't want to hear about a mission call on a blog. That seems a bit impersonal. No, with a substantial amount of luck the call will come with Ryan and Tamara in Utah, Amber and Beau on the webcam, Miles and Bethanie at the house and Chelsea... on the speaker of the telephone. (sorry Chelsea?)
Right now Jason is starting to take temple prep classes. He received his patriarchal blessing a couple weeks ago with Mom and Dad. Also, we're planning to have Jason set apart as an elder while Ryan and Grandpa will be in town around Thanksgiving.
Just thought you all should know.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Jason! I didn't even think about that! I hope it doesn't come while I'm in Washington! That would be sad. :( But congrats on getting the mission papers in! Way to go, dude!
Are we placing bets on where he gets sent? Prizes for the one geographically closest? I've got dibs on Pittsburg!
Oooooh... I'm gonna say somewhere in Alabama. Can I claim the whole state? :) Either that or Canada somewhere.
I guess the Manchester, New Hampshire Mission. That is my mission, then he could have dinner with my family and confirm my idea that Doug is a lot like my dad.
I'll give you Alabama, Chelsea, but Canada is HUGE! Are we thinking Ontario or Manitoba? Or maybe good old British Columbia!
NO WAY!! Jason isn't old enough for a mission... :) That is too cool! Don't forget to post where you've been called for those of us that won't be there when you get the BIG news!!! I have dibs on Arkansas. HaHa I'm kidding... actually, I'm going to guess Washington.
Okay, good news for Chelsea and bad news for Ryan and Tam - my mission papers are NOT in Orem yet. We were planning to wait until Thanksgiving to ordain me an elder but the bishop called and said he couldn't send thae papers until I was officially an elder. Thanks bishop. It'll be a bit longer yet, folks, sorry.
Well, doesn't that stink! I guess that just gives us some more time for everyone to guess where you're goin'!
I would love to know the statistics on how many missionaries don't get there papers in on time because of some sort of communication problem and or mistake. most missionaries I know have had problems including me!
Anyways I believe that he will either go to the Micronesia Guam Mission or the Marshall Islands Mission.
Micronesia Guam? That's weird, Miles.
Post a Comment