Monday, October 20, 2008

Gooseberry Mesa

The day after going to Angel's Landing (see below...) and watching the BYU Football Team lose to TCU, Dad and I traveled to Gooseberry Mesa for a little mountain biking. This trail is one of the best in Utah and it was no disappointment today!










Last time we were here, Ryan crashed and burned on a certain part of the trail. It was awful... blood was everywhere and his inner tube exploded. In commemoration of that event, Dad and I set up a monument.



We were so excited, in fact, that we put together a reenactment of the scene.



By the end of the 16 mile trail, poor Dad was tuckered out.



We were about a mile from the end of the trail when Dad started to give out. It didn't help that he was out of water. We got back to the van all right, so everything was happy in the end.

3 comments:

Ryan the Man said...

Tears flowed when I saw my monument. Thanks guys.

Ryan the Man said...

I really, really, really wish I could have gone with you guys. That trip looks like a blast. I loved Angel's Landing when I went, although it was super hot... Sounds like Gooseberry Mesa was the hot one for you guys, huh? Man, you said that was one of the best trails in Utah. I'm sorry, I've got to disagree -- It is the best d@&n trail in the freaking world, man. I've been on lots of trails, and that is hands down the best of them. I'm so jealous!

Anonymous said...

Poor Dad. Jason, you're gonna kill him!