Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Test Ride

Shortly after our Moab Misadventure, we made some significant upgrades to Miles' mountain bike. We changed it from a 7 speed to a 9 speed by installing all new Shimano components: crankset, shifters, 9 speed cassette, chain, rear derailleur and DX platform pedals. After we finished, we decided to go for a little test ride to see if we could break anything. We ended up at Three Forks Trail in Diamond Fork Canyon. The ride uphill was uneventful (a lot of huffing, puffing, etc.). But the ride back down was good fun:

3 comments:

Ryan the Man said...

I am so glad you changed the music from "Walking on Sunshine". That was retarded. "Slow Ride" is much better.

Chelsea said...

You had "Walking on Sunshine"?! I love that song!! :)

I like the Heart song... that was good. Looks like fun! You'll have to take me biking again someday. :)

Or rafting... I was maybe a LITTLE better at that...

Amberly said...

About 2.5 minutes into it, Josh said, "That was just enough of that movie for me." Curious George has a slightly stronger draw for some reason!

You are making me wish my bike was a bit more rugged, however! Maybe one day we can get Beau and me some mountain bikes to keep at your house... but by then we'll need one for Josh too!